Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Red Lipstick You Can Wear Everyday

Telecommuting

Depuis que je bosse, soit environ plein d’années mais pas encore assez pour prétendre à une retraite décente avant few decades, I have always worked outside the home. I left the morning, I came home at night. The advantage is that you leave your problems on the desktop or in the studio, you spend a good evening to you, and you collect your bullshit the next day (which, barring a miracle, have managed to survive the night and be waiting for you in the morning). I'm strong enough to properly partition the work and private life, so that the trader does not upset the private sector.

But now, times are changing. And work also at the same time. And when you live at the head of the land, inevitably, send you work in a vaguely industrialized as Nantes and Rennes, it is costly to the firm that is going to offer you an apartment, hotel, meals, car, etc ... But this time it's different, the mission paying them well enough: it will be home office!

Cool: I can take MiniNamour to school, work all day at home, eat roughly correctly lunch and dinner, do not hit me the 2 hour drive from Naoned be with the familia in the evening , talk on MSN my offspring (in hotels because they tend to have Internet connections, cardboard, and videoconferencing does not), etc..

Yeah, that's cool, except for one detail: the fact that I can work from home was not at all (but not type at all) a given that we built when we chose and bought the house . It was therefore necessary to organize a solution in 48 hours and build a room to be closed for business. Hop, little setback, then he will do, the time to check the wireless password ... it's good, it works. Ah yes, there are no electrical outlets there, okay, we'll put extensions in the meantime to install real outlets. And sleeping in the office the cellar of the old aunt, it might be time to go get it, right?

And that's it:

Bureau

Well, there is still a detail to improve, but that's okay, it's bearable:

Glagla

Well, it's cool, all that OK, but me, it frightens me a little, anyway. I'm afraid to get distracted (I know), I'm worried at the idea of having the brats racket or roll into the office while I'm supposed to be mega concentrated, I wonder if I organize me know if I am disciplined enough, if my coffee consumption does not increase exponentially. Also afraid of losing contact with the ground, because I'm not really one to sit your ass in a chair all day, I need to have contact with people who later use my work (yes, I'm for participatory management, staff worker is far more pragmatic than any theorist)

short, a bit in limbo, but enthusiastic nonetheless.

0 comments:

Post a Comment